The answer is BOTH, but they each do essential things for your horse. Your horse's GUT is the nutritional Central Nervous System of their health. This is why Ramard Total Horse Pre & Probiotic Horse Digestive Supplements were developed and have become one of our best sellers.
This combination product is a state-of-the-art Gut Health & Digestive Horse Supplement.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food components that stimulate the growth and activity of a limited amount of microorganisms in the gastrointestinal tract, which can improve the health condition of a host. Prebiotics are selectively fermented components that allow specific changes in the composition and activity of microorganisms in the gastrointestinal tract, which benefit the host's health and well-being. Host enzymes do not digest prebiotics and reach the colon unaltered, fermented by gut bacteria. Here are some of the functions of prebiotics:
- Improving immunity: Prebiotics can enhance the regulation of immunity, which can help the body resist pathogens.
- Influencing metabolism: Prebiotics can reduce lipid levels in the bloodstream, which can help prevent metabolic syndrome.
- Increasing mineral absorption: Prebiotics can increase the absorption of calcium and magnesium.
- Enhancing gut health: Prebiotics can positively modulate gut microbiota, improving and maintaining gut health.
- Improving skin health: Prebiotics can also play a functional role in maintaining healthy skin.
Prebiotics can be found in many foods, including whole grains, bananas, onions, garlic, and artichokes. Incorporating prebiotics into your diet can help improve your gut health and overall well-being.
Probiotics are live microorganisms that provide a positive health influence on humans when administered in adequate amounts. Probiotics are found in many foods, including yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, and kimchi. Here are some of the functions of probiotics:
- Improving gut health: Probiotics can help maintain a healthy balance of gut bacteria, improving digestion and preventing gastrointestinal disorders.
- Boosting immunity: Probiotics can stimulate the immune system, which can help the body resist infections and diseases.
- Reducing inflammation: Probiotics can reduce inflammation in the gut and other body parts, which can help prevent chronic diseases such as arthritis and heart disease.
- Improving mental health: Probiotics can improve mental health by reducing anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Preventing and treating diarrhea: Probiotics can prevent and treat diarrhea caused by infections or antibiotics.
Probiotics have numerous advantageous functions in human organisms. Their main advantage is the effect on the development of the microbiota inhabiting the organism, ensuring a proper balance between pathogens and the bacteria necessary for the normal function of the organism. Remember how probiotics work may depend on the strain, dose, and components used to produce a given probiotic product. Incorporating probiotics into your diet can help improve your gut health, boost immunity, and prevent chronic diseases.
Thanks for being a Caring Horse Owner.